Today I felt like Alexander who had the “terrible,
horrible, no good, very bad day.” If it
could go wrong it did: from crying babies to flat tires, from broken printers
to challenging business meetings. It
would be really easy to have an angry attitude, an upset spirit, a frustrated
outlook on everything. Then I was
reminded of this verse:
You, dear children, are
from God and have overcome them, because
the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
Thank You, Jesus, for the
truth that while I had crying babies, I had babies that I could hold and love
on personally. Thank You for the recently
repaired car for me to use when my tire was flat. Thank you for the broken printer that caused
the person to take time to re-evaluate the business meeting information in my
favor. Thank You for reminding me that
I am a Wesleyan: I choose to live in the optimism
of grace, in the hope that this life and world can be transformed by risen
Jesus Christ and power of the Holy Spirit.
Lord, I pray for those
“terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days” in ministry that our children and
youth workers will inevitably face.
Please remind them that they are Wesleyan, remind them to choose to live
in the optimism of grace, in the hope of transformation. Please remind them to teach this optimism of
grace, this clinching to the truth that the Spirit of God at work within us is
greater than anything, to our children and youth. Anoint them.
If they have not yet experienced the transforming power of Your grace,
please pour out Your Spirit on them today in a powerful way. Thank You, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment