Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 2 - Worry


So tonight I find myself thinking so much about my children, and as a result…worrying.  I think about my youngest daughter and am concerned about her pain with teething.  I am concerned that she is not eating well.  I am worried that I was too tired for the last bottle and tried to feed her something that was old.  I am worried.

I think of my oldest daughter who is undergoing evaluation for speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.  I thought she was doing so much better, but the specialists told me she is still not where she needs to be.  I am worried.

As I looked in on both of them before bed I laughed at myself as I watched to be sure they were still breathing.  I thought as I looked at them with so much love that I thought my heart would burst, is this how God looks at me?  Does my heavenly Father look at me, waiting for who I will become, with a heart bursting with love, yet somehow concerned for my decisions and what I do?

Then I was reminded of Philippians 4:6 – Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.

Lord, please forgive me for worrying about my babies, but Your daughters.  Thank You for entrusting me with the honor of loving them.  Please give my Zoe an extra hug tonight from her Mommy, and I will be sure to give Katelyn and Chloe some extra hugs from their heavenly Daddy.  I love you.  Thank you. 

Please forgive us, Father, if we have spent more time worrying about what to do with our children and teens than thanking you for entrusting them to us.  Forgive us for worrying about them rather than trusting you with them and thank you for who they are, what they do, and how they are becoming.  Thank you, Jesus.   

No comments:

Post a Comment