I must make a confession:
last night, I shared an ice cream pop with my daughter because she
wanted Mommy to share with her in our celebration of her big achievement (a
goal we have been working on for several days).
I faced a choice: break the fast
and honor the relationship or honor the fast and hurt the relationship. I chose to honor the relationship first. Some might agree, and some might disagree
with this choice, but for my situation, it was the right thing for my family.
28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating.
Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the
commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The
most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The
Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all
your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this:
‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
32 “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in
saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33 To love him with all your heart, with all your
understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself
is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the
kingdom of God.” And from then on no one dared ask him any
more questions.
Mark 12:28-34
Lord, I pray that You would remind us that sometimes to be
closer to the kingdom of God we have to choose people over policies. Help us recognize that those decisions are
sometimes difficult, but must always be bathed in prayer and in the following
of Your Holy Spirit. Forgive us for the
moments we have chosen unwisely or disobediently. Please heal those hurt in the damage of those
decisions. Lord, I pray that You would
groom our children and youth workers with the wisdom to know when and how to
seek You when they are faced with these choices. May they dare to do the obedient over the
popular. May you protect them and remind
them of Your hedge of protection when they make these choices. May You encourage our existing leaders to
support other leaders in these decisions as well. Thank You for our Church leaders who so
readily recognize this. Personally,
Lord, I thank You for giving this Church the ministry of healing. I know that is a special gift You pour out
through this Church family…I’ve experienced it.
Please bless those that need healing today. I love you, Lord. Thank You.
No comments:
Post a Comment