Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 3 - Serve


I have been floundering in my call and mission lately.  Unsure my role in life, I am trying to “hone in” on who I am and what I am to be doing in these days.  It’s funny…I seem to have an identity crisis every time I have to fill out my occupation on paperwork.  But it is finally becoming easier:  homemaker.  While I may have been other things in life, and while I might fulfill other roles at times, right now my primary task is to make a beautiful and pleasant home.

This fast has really challenged me with food: what to eat, how to develop flavor, when to be creative.  As I have been faced with this challenge, my ministry for now has been shown to me:  take care of your family.   Rather than being frustrated with this fast, I am actually learning how to create healthy, flavorful dishes that are good for my family—food that provides energy rather than sucks it away. 

As I stood in kitchen trying to make potato chips after a full day in the kitchen, I found myself grateful.  I never thought I would be in this place, be this type of woman, but it snuck up on me.  Thank you, Jesus for allowing me to prepare food for my family.  Thank you for the opportunity and resources to be creative.  Thank you for entrusting their basic survival needs to me.  Thank you for showing me the ministry to which You have called me right now.  May I be faithful with what you have given me so that I may please you and be trustworthy.

“Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.” (Luke 16:10)

As we think about the children and youth ministries at Church, I pray that someone may feel the distinct calling to do this ministry.  May s/he experience the assurance that I felt in the moment that what s/he is doing is right: maybe not forever, but for right now.   I pray You may prepare their hearts for the ministry to which You are calling them.  May they experience and know You have called them, and they must follow.  Protect their hearts and minds, energize their spirits, and renew them in You.

Thank you, Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment