I am blessed with the most amazing husband ever. He surprised me today with a 2 hour
massage. It was amazing. He told me yesterday about this
surprise. He took care of the kids last
night, he let me sleep in this morning,
It has been an amazing day.
As I awoke this morning and realized my husband was not in
the room but off taking care of the baby, I found myself wondering, “Should I
get up and get the kids?”, “What if he needs something?”, and “He should not have to do this, isn’t this supposed to be what I do for him?”. Then I remembered, he wants me to rest and
rejuvenate today. He wants me to feel
relieved and revitalized. If he needs my
help he will come and get me, but otherwise, my job is to relax and rejuvenate
today. While it sounds silly, that is
the moment I realized I must intentionally relax and rest. Treasure the moment.
Then came the amazing massage. As I laid there while this gifted therapist
was massaging my hands, I found my mind wandering. I was thinking, this is nice but when are we
getting to the good stuff?!?! Then it
hit me again: treasure this moment.
Don’t be so willing to let this beautiful moment pass just because it
may not be as dynamic as you think it should be. Lord,
forgive me for trying to rush through the quieter moments you have provided in
an effort to get into the dynamic moments.
Please help me not miss out on blessing or lesson you have for me
because I am too busy “thinking” my way through it. Forgive me for the moments I have already
missed.
3Trust in the Lord and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Take delight in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the Lord
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Psalm 37:3-7
Lord, please allow the person you are calling for our children’s
and youth ministries to treasure the moments with these precious children,
whether quiet or dynamic. Help them not
rush through whatever preparation You are giving them now in hopes of something
different. Help them trust you, commit
to Your way, be still in Your presence, and wait for Your leading. Thank you, Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment